Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dance Recital




Each year the girls are in a dance recital. It is a huge production that lasts all weekend. This year was Ashlyn's first performance. She was so excited about it and asked to wear her costume all of the time. She did a tap dance to "It's My Party". It was the most darling thing ever! The day of production she did so good. She wasn't at all intimidated or distracted by the 800+ people watching them. She remembered her moves (ok maybe with a little help from the teachers in the wings.). When the song was over she marched off stage, but hesitated at the curtain before exiting waving at everybody. She is such a performer. I think she is taking after her big sister.

Hannah too was in the recital. This is her 4rd recital. She did an acro routine to "Let's Hear it For the Boys" from Footloose. She did so good. She was a little peanut up there with all of the bigger girls. (She is the youngest in class.) She is really good at acro. She is more of my gymnast. The routine and costumes were so cute.

Marissa of course did great too. She was so busy with costume changes and helping out with the little ones I didn't get a picture of her in her costumes. I will have Aunt Jen take better ones soon though.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your girls are so darling! I wish i could have been there to see the recital. They are so fun to watch. Abbie starts dance next week, we are so excited for it!

Anonymous said...

Your girls did such a great job and I was really glad to be there to see it. I loved their dancing! Great job girls, keep it up!!

Mary said...

I love it!! They are so adorable!! I keep trying to get Addy into dance but she is our little gymnastics girl!!