Monday, April 20, 2009

Slow Down and Appreciate the Little Things....

I follow numerous blogs on a regular basis. There are a few that I have been following closely that really stand out in my mind right now. The first one is somebody I don't know personally, but I have been keeping tabs on. She lost her daughter tragically almost a year ago in a drowning. Yesterday I went to her blog as it had been awhile since I had been on. Ironically it was the 2nd birthday (the first since she had been gone) of her daughter that had past away. She was asking people to do random acts of kindess in memory of her daughter. She also invited people to visit her site and let her know what was done even anonymously. I did today and I too encourage you to do the same. http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/ found her blog through an acquiantance of my sister who also lost her son www.dbkunz.blogspot.com

The next blog I have been following is my cousin Rachel's family blog. Rach delivered her son 2 weeks ago and what should have been a normal delivery has been anything but. Her son is in NICU at U of U. Please keep her family in your prayers. http://www.krisandrachblog.blogspot.com/

The last blog I have been following is the niece of a friend of mine. (My daughter's preschool teacher's niece) She also went in for a normal delivery and the baby has had problems almost immediately. http://www.thebouckfamily.blogspot.com/

Please keep these people in your prayers. Kiss your own children and appreciate the health that they have. Be kind to others as you don't know of their struggles and slow down and appreciate the little things.

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Thanks so much! You are one of the sweetest people I know. I know my sister's family can feel all the prayers going up on their behalf