Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Spirit of Giving....

Every year we have a few traditions around Christmas. The kids love them and look forward to them. One of our traditions are getting a "Christmas Angel" from the Salvation Army trees. Each kid gets to pick one. This year we explained that we were having a hard time budgeting it in. So the conversation went like this:
Daddy sits the kids down on the couch.
Daddy: "We decided to take back 1 present that we got each of you in order for us to buy our angel gifts. How does this sound to each of you?"
Marissa: "I understand and I still want to buy for a baby angel this year."
Hannah: "I still really want to get my angel a gift so take back some of my presents and maybe I will get 2 angels."
Ashlyn: "I WANT ALL OF MY PRESENTS.. DON'T TAKE ANY OF THEM BACK!! After a LONG temper tantrum she finally got the understanding of Christmas. Although while shopping she asked if we could still buy 2 of each thing so she can also have one!"
Where did I go wrong??

No comments: